We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

Austin
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

We have been to Sanibel several times and have stayed at Seaside Inn in their Seaside Cottage each time. We ned a full size fridge at least. Would you all recommend Pointe Santo condos over Seaside Inn? We would like a place that's a bit larger than the Seaside Cottage, but we do enjoy having the lounge chairs with umbrellas that they set up on the beach for us at Seaside Inn. Recommendations? Or is another place even better, that has a full size fridge, and swimming pool? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel
Sanibel
Sanibel Island, FL
Seaside Inn
Seaside Inn
735 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Johnstown, Colorado
Level Contributor
376 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

While I've never been to Seaside we just stayed at Pointe Santo in November and we REALLY loved it. The grounds at Pointe Santo were gorgeous and our kids (ok and me too) LOVED seeing the alligator every day at the island. The activities gal at PS is REALLY good with kids if that is something you would use. We stayed in E23 and had 2 good sized bedrooms and a little separate "den" area which was nice for the kids to use to play games, read etc. We've stayed in a 2 BR at Sundial before and this one was much larger (although not quite as nicely furnished but the view was well worth it.) The only negative I saw at PS was the pool was really small, it wasn't a problem for us because it was always nearly empty but I'd definitely think twice before going there in March when it's bound to be packed.

Hope this helps a little! Good luck !

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

You may enjoy the condos at Sayana on West Gulf. Only 9 units and they do have lounge chairs for your use down at the beach. I don't recall having seen umbrellas, but perhaps you could rent one if that is a "must have".

Their pool is not huge, but it is a very good size and seldom gets a lot of use ...almost like having a private pool. Lounge chairs and umbrella or two there. Also, tennis court and grills for your use. Just a very pleasant spot overall....

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

We have stayed at Oceans reach condos in the past and walking the beach from there I noticed that Casa ybel put out beach chairs and umbrellas for their guests. They have a fantastic pool and beautiful grounds too but the rates may be beyond your budget as they are mine.

A lot depends on when you are going and if you need beachfront,gulf view etc etc. If you advise that then you may get more suggestions.

Oceans reach does have fully fitted kitchens and is right on the beach though their pool is a bit on the small side. Highly recommended though.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

There are a lot of condos to choose from - but only a few places set up chairs and umbrellas. Sunset Beach Resort, Casa Ybel, Holiday Inn, Sundial, Tweenies on Captiva are the ones that come to mind this minute.

Without knowing what exactly you are looking for and for how many people it's hard to specify.

Johnstown, Colorado
Level Contributor
376 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

When we were at Sundial in June - you had to pay for umbrellas... not sure how much though.

Austin
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

We are going July 2010. We like beachfront, swimming pool, lounge chairs and large umbrellas for use on the beach. We need at least a full size fridge and microwave.

Thank you for the feedback.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

The lounge chairs at the beach edge at Pointe Santo are complementary and many owners have a few folding beach chairs for guest use as well. The beach chair set-ups at Sundial, Sanibel Inn, Casa Ybel and most resorts are available for a daily fee.

The pool at Pointe Santo will be fine as far as capacity in July. During the busiest weeks at holidays or in March it can get crowded but they do have two hours set aside for adult swim daily to allow a quiet time.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
1,390 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
8. Re: Seaside Inn or Pointe Santo condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2011, 05:16