We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - where to stay?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Help - where to stay?

We are looking for a place to stay for 3-4 days in March. We prefer beachfront, with a nice pool. Would also like to be within walking distance to restaurants and shops. We are traveling with our 1-year old so someplace with a functional kitchen would be nice. Not sure yet of budget as we don't know the area and are not sure what to expect. Any suggestions?

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - where to stay?

Could be a tricky request to fill as you are looking at peak season(peak rates) and most places have 5 or 7 day minimums.

Also if you are looking for beachfront then it,s not really within walking distance of the main restaurants which are generally located mid island.

I did note the island inn will do short stay bookings and they have 20% discount if you book before end Jan. Nice location (but small pool) and a variety of rooms and I believe a restaurant available on site which could be handy as there are usually waits for tables elsewhere.

Check out www.sanibelislandinn.com for further details and stay tuned for further advice from other members

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - where to stay?

As Dews said, beachfront and walking distance to restaurants and shopping don't really coexist on Sanibel. You could try the Sanibel Inn which rents nightly and has one bedroom condos with kitchenettes. They also have an on-site restaurant and a pool bar for lunch.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - where to stay?

Thanks for your replies - I will check those places out. If walking distance to restaurants and being beachfront are not compatible, then I would prioritize beachfront with kitchen and nice pool.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - where to stay?

Thanks for your replies - I will check those places out. If walking distance to restaurants and being beachfront are not compatible, then I would prioritize beachfront with kitchen and nice pool.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - where to stay?

There are a few places that have kitchenettes and rent mid week. Look at Sanibel Inn, as mentioned, West Wind Inn, Island Inn and Sunset Beach Resort.

Also look at Casa ybel, which will probably your most expensive option - but there is a nice restaurant and pool bar on site.

Sanibel Inn, Island Inn and West Wind Inn all have restaurants on site also. There is also a new restaurant on West Gulf, walking distance to WWI, Sunset, Island Inn, but I can't recall the name this minute. Shalimar is also in this area, with cottages and motel rooms that are gulf front.

Holiday Inn has a restaurant, and is a short bike ride to several restaurants.

Edited: 17 December 2010, 15:00
6. Re: Help - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 05:22