We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KC
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

I've been doing my Sanibel research, and we are planning a trip for early May. I need some lodging help from you all. Looking for a great place to stay, beach front preferred. I'm noticing lots of posts of folks cooking/grilling out. While that sounds nice....I'm not so excited about cooking while on vaca! :) A kitchenette would be nice to cook in a couple of nights. Our kids are 6 and 8, so a nice pool would be great too. What do you recommend??

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

Do you want a motel room or suite, or a condo? There are plenty of choices.

The biggest pool is at Sunset beach resort - which is motel rooms with kitchenettes. West Wind Inn also has nice rooms with kitchens and a great pool and pool bar. There is a restaurant on site, not sure if it is open off season.

Island Inn has some great options, 1 bedroom condos, lodge rooms and cottages, but the pool is smallish. Might not matter in May, when less people visit the island.

The condos that are closest to the beach are at Oceans Reach and Sundial. Both have good pools. Sundial can get complicated with amenitiy fees, if you rent thru a private owner.

Lots and lots of condos to choose from - Sanibel Surfside and Sanddollar both have great views. less expensive option would be Sandalfoot, Siesta, Sanibel Arms and Arms West. Coquina Beach has a few gulf front units, but you need the second floor to see the sea.

England
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

Oceans Reach would be a great choice or another suggestion would be Shalimar which has a few beachfront cottages and also efficiencies which would suit what you need. They have a very nice pool too.

Going in May you would be best waiting till much nearer your travel date to book as most places will be offering discounts.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

All the above is good advice as usual and I would be remiss to not add our own Pointe Santo to the mix. The pool isn't as big as it could be but it is overlooking the beach and in May it should be more than fine.

Also there is a children's activity program available which might be a plus.

And who says you have to cook? Let the Dad grill for the family.. It's oneof my favorite moments during our stay.. hanging out by the grills with a beer and meeting some of the other guests.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

I highly recommend vrbo.com #120059. I am not sure about price you can email her, her name is Kim McCoy and you can tell her Kate recommended. I don't get a kickback or anything just letting you know as it might help you get a good deal at the last minute and I think the tripadvisor forum people are a good group of people. We have stayed at this unit several times over the past couple years and it is very nice, on the beach not across the street from the beach (which I feel is safer for my child) the pool never seems crowded and I think the price is reasonable. I highly recommend Sanibel over Ft. Myers you won't be sorry. If I can answer any other questions or be of help to you feel free to Private Message me. We LOVE Sanibel. Best travels to you.

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

Pointe Santo is a great place to stay. Nice pool, beautiful grounds, excellent beach with chairs. I have stayed in several units and they are all very nice.

6. Re: Where to stay---I have a few questions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 12:16