We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurant - Cips Place

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New Restaurant - Cips Place

Haven't eaten there yet myself, but had a friend eat there and say it would give Doc Ford's a run for their money. It is located next to Ace Hardware on Periwinkle where Mermaids used to be. Since this forum tends towards food, food and more food, thought I'd add another to the list of new places to try on the next visit.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

Shell New....Happy New Year! Thanks for letting us know of a new eatery on Sanibel. If/when you visit this new spot, please let us know how it went. It seems there are a few "new' places to visit when I get there this late spring. Sadly, there are not enough days during our 2 week star to try them and still visit our favorites.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

Cip's place has been getting great reviews.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cips-Place-on-Sanibel/100343923363975?v=wall - Has a beautiful outdoor eating area.

Nice menu - good prices and family friendly. This seems to be the trend with the new restaurants that are opening on Sanibel. We, as locals could not be more thrilled. Visitors can finally afford to take their families out to dinner without worrying about $35 entrees. George and Wendy's Corner Grill will be opening soon on the corner of Tarpon Bay and Periwinkle. They have totally renovated the (Biddles Bucket) building and done some extensive landscaping. It is just beautiful. Can't wait until the opening. Twilight has re-opened on Periwinkle in the Sweet Treats location. Dinner only - adult - upscale as it used to be. StoneCrab opened in the Old Twilight location on West Gulf Drive. Great menu, entertainment and has also had great reviews. MCT's has been sold - no word on what might be going into that location.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

I had dinner at Cip's last evening. We arrived at 8:30 PM with reservations and were prompty seated on the back patio (my favorite seating when it was Mermaid). Waitstaff was very attentive. Cip's offered a special of prime rib and shrimp scampi. One of our party ordered this and declared it delicious. I had a steak with veggies/potatoes--very good. Others in the party had sandwiches. Nice variety on the menu of appetizers, sandwiches and dinners (beef, chicken, and a number of seafood items).

I would recommend this.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

Does anyone know if they allow dogs in their outdoor eating area?

Fort Myers, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

i have heard that they do

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

I am excited to see the trend in new family eateries! We are planning a trip in July and would like to try these new places!! Let the planning begin!

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

By the way...What would you say the is the price range for dinner?

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
566 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

Not surprised to see that McT's has sold. It was one of our regular spots a few years ago, but has been a real disappointment on our last 2 trips. I'm excited about getting to try some new places in April.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

looks like dinner ranges from 13.95 to 24.95 Enchiladas to Grouper or Steak dishes. Pastas 8.95 half order 14.95 full order Lunches 7.95 to 12.95 and lots of good salads and apps. Kids menu too!!

Fort Myers, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: New Restaurant - Cips Place

For dinner I have also ordered from the Islander favorites part of the menu that range in price from $8.95 to $13.95.I love the buttermilk chicken!