We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to expect...

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to expect...

For the 4th of July!!! I know there is a parade-where does it run? For the holiday is it best to make reservations for eating out or can one get lucky just walking in? Would like to eat at Island Cow and Sanibel Grille and the new places where Mermaid and Biddles Buckets used to be. We are staying at the Surf Rider and I think they rent bikes there, does anyone know?

July cannot come soon enough! :D

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to expect...

Ft. Myers Beach has AWESOME fireworks, you can see them from Sanibel because we can see theirs...

England
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to expect...

They have bikes but can't say how much they cost. Suggest you phone, then you can compare with the likes of Billy's or Finnemore's.

Parade starts near Baileys and goes down Periwinkle as far as Casa y bell rd.

I reckon reservations for restaurants would be a good idea, if they make them.

Have a great time.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to expect...

Get there early because they close the roads down well before the parade starts. Tarpon beach at west gulf - periwinkle at donax is closed. All u can do is park beyond donax and walk if arriving after closure.

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to expect...

Where is Surf Rider to all of this? Sorry only stayed on West Gulf:S

Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to expect...

I have stayed at surf rider twice before. There are bikes and they are free to the people who are staying there. You just have to use a key. As for the lighthouse it is just a short walk on the beach. I am bad at time, but maybe 15ish minutes. I really like it on the island, I am actually going back in a couple months. I can't wait for the sun and sand.

6. Re: What to expect...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island