We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip in June

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Richmond, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
First trip in June

We are taking our first trip to Sanibel Island the first week of June. Wondering if it is very crowded at this time. (from what I have read it doesn't sound like it). Also should I wait to book a condo? I have found some that I like however was really hoping to stay close to or under $1000 if possible. Are there a lot of deals the closer it gets? Thank you.

England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip in June

No problem with crowds in June and if you hold on till much nearer the time then there will be discounts aplenty.

Typical example, Oceans reach where we have stayed several times, their normal rate is $1195 (1BR) but they usually give 20% off if you book 1 to 2 weeks prior.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip in June

We have rented every year from a wonderful family we found on VRBO.COM, the # is 120059 and I believe the women's name is Kim. You can tell her the Conklin's sent you. We don't get a kickback or anything just nice for her to know we keep recommending and also that you will be a trusted renter. You will find the condo very nice and Kim as well. The prices are reasonable and it is at Loggerhead Cay which is on the beach, not across the street from the beach like some. Have a great time, we love Sanibel and go back every year.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip in June

Waiting or not depends on how particular about the specific unit. The very best units usually book ahead but if price is most important you will likley find a lot of decent choices as you get close to June.

For others, a specific complex, location or unit style might be worth a couple hundred dollars...

4. Re: First trip in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 22:16