We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You Folks Are Awesome!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
You Folks Are Awesome!

Thanks to all of the posts I have read, I narrowed my hotel choics for my solo trip in mid-March to Casa Ybel and Song of the Sea. I see that neither will probaly have sunsets outside on the beach from their locations. How far of a walking trip or driving trip would it be to get a great sunset from those places?

thanks again .. also which is closer to Ding Darling??

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
904 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You Folks Are Awesome!

Might be able to still see the sunset in mid march, as it is almost due west then...but you could always walk a bit to the west, as the island starts to curve north just past pointe santo.

Casa Ybel is also easy walking distance to the Baily Tract and the nature preserve off of Algiers road, both worth visiting if you are interested in nature and wildlife.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You Folks Are Awesome!

For a great sunset, head to Captiva and the beach at the end of Andy Rosse Lane. You could have a bite to eat - and a nice cocktail - at the bar of the Mucky Duck and then head out with the crowd as they watch the nightly event. Oh, and watch for the green flash!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You Folks Are Awesome!

I would think you can see sunset from Casa Ybel off to the right. You would likely have to be near water's edge. At worst it would be a 5+ min walk to Pointe Santo where I know you can see the sunset.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You Folks Are Awesome!

I so apprecate your answers, Thank you everybody. It is so reasuring to be able to ask questions and receive exact answers when you have never been somewhere and want to be able to plan and have the best trip possible. A thousand thank yous!

5. Re: You Folks Are Awesome!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 18:17