We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One month from today............

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
One month from today............

and I'll be arriving on Sanibel!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Anyone else going in April? Our snow has finally melted, just a few "plow mountains" remaining. I am happy to accept research assignments......

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One month from today............

Oh yum, I accept the assignment!

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One month from today............

Here are a few things you could do for me: Please go to Suncatchers Dream (store in the mall with Amy's Over Easy Cafe) and tell the resident cat that I will be there to scratch her behind the ears on June 8. Also tell the owner to stock up on Statement collection earrings. Then go to Amy's and tell them to have plenty of pancake batter ready. Then go to the beach by the Gulfside City Park access and line up the junonias for me. Thank you.

Toronto
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One month from today............

Hey ZB mom !!!

We're also super excited. We'll be heading down April 15th arriving the 17th for two heavenly weeks. This is our third year going down to Sanibel and our whole family loves it. I'm always curious how people hear about Sanibel besides word of mouth. When I mention it to others here, almost no one has heard of it. Everyone always seems to head to Orlando and no where else. I suppose I shouldn't mind since it leaves more shells for the rest of us :)

Anyway, we're curious to see what the beach looks like as both previous years the natural geography of the beach was completely different and we found different shells both years.

USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One month from today............

My husband and I are headed to Sanibel in 2 weeks! CANNOT wait. We have been to the island once-just a coule hour visit-as we have stayed in Ft. Meyers three times (had to catch some Red Sox games) This year we decided on Sanibel for a week (and no Red Sox games!!)

We made our reservations at the Sundial - hoping we made the right choice.From all posts it looks like we will stop at theWinn Dixie in Ft. Meyers to stock up on stuff that may be a little more expensive on the island (coffee, snacks etc,)

We are really looking forward to a nice RELAXING vacation-Hope you have a great time. I see that you're in Boston-we are in Burlington, Vt. so we have both been hit by a DREADED winter!!! Sunshine and no snow will be a welcomed sight!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One month from today............

Research assignments...go to sunharvest citrus and try all the different kinds of juice. I bet you can't pick just one to buy. Compare orange crunch cake and red velvet cake from the bubble room and baileys and compare and report back. Any research on the farmers market is appreciated. Biggest most important assignment. Enjoy every moment on Sanibel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One month from today............

IowaGirl, we ate at Amy's several times last year. Love it. Do you know the kitty's name? I scratched him last year, and was a little nervous when he was wandering outside and there was a small alligator in the little pond there. Booboo, I'll be there one of your weeks (you're so lucky, 2 weeks in paradise!) Echav, this winter has been a doozy; my son had 5 snow days! Love Burlington. PTQ, I've gotten 2 boxes of fruit from them this winter! Will definitely be stopping for juice! Unfortunately, can't do the cake as I'm off wheat/gluten, but I'm sure my 11 yr old son will be happy to do a sampling! I can, however, do ice cream, mojito's, grouper, etc!!!!! Happy spring everyone!

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One month from today............

I think the kitty's name is Sunflower...there's a picture of her on their store website. There's also a very nice Shiba Inu dog in a store in Jerry's Plaza...and sometimes a parrot in a jewelry store in Periwinkle Place.

Boston...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One month from today............

We visit the shiba inu first thing, at Sanybel's Finest. Her name is Kona, she is such a sweetie! Last year we had to stop before we even got to the condo!

Can't wait for mojitos at Doc's. Love their food too. I'm also looking forward to trying the new restaurants. I checked out the menu at the Stone Crab; it looks fantastic (the martini menu looks good too! Actually, I barely drink but I talk like I'm still in college!!) The thing I like best is walking the beach, clearing my mind, seeing all the birds, breathing in the salty air. Ahhh....

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One month from today............

BooBoo...I think your question on how everyone found Sanibel will make a good topic. I will re-post!

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One month from today............

I'm losing it. How could I forget to ask you to go to Pinnochio's Ice Cream and make sure the Dirty Sanddollar ice cream is still the best on earth? Hopefully they'll also stock up before I get there...they might need an extra freezer.