We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the countdown is now on for me!

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
the countdown is now on for me!

Finally, it is my turn! Due to Easter being so late this year, we are not getting to Sanibel till April 30th! UGH....way too long to wait in my opinon! We are down to 32 days.....and we will be in the HAPPY LANE! My son and his girlfriend along with my step son and his girlfriend will be joining my hubby and me. Now if we can only get my daughter and my other step son to get there! (maybe???) Yesterday, I made the final payment for our rental unit, I reserved a boat from Beach Bum.....(first time using them....but was referred to them by my neighbor who used them last week), already packing things that I will need for the condo (we are driving, so the sky is the limit for bringing things) If my daughter can not make it down for a weekend, we will stop and visit her on the way home (she is in the Air Force stationed in SC....I can not wait to see her) Oh, if I could only just blink my eyes and be back on Sanibel! 2 weeks in paradise.....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

Thanks for sharing your Sanibel enthusiasm WDS! It really is great fun to hear what others are planning (before) and doing (during) their island time getaways. Hope your daughter will be able to join the clan for some relaxation and fun.

Will be looking forward to your "trip reports".

Oxfordshire UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

We are also on countdown, only 26 days to go. It is a long journey for us but it will be worth it. It is our 4th visit to Sanibel - just wish it was easier to get there!!!

I have been watching the web cam at Island Inn just to get me in the mood.

Will have to watch what we bring for the condo as luggage allowances are so crucial these days.

Although we have had a cold Winter for UK it does not compare with the northern USA states, it is just lovely to be experiencing Springtime with all the beautiful flowers.

Cannot wait for Easter and to walk along the beach looking for shells.

See you

Level Contributor
235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

GO GO GO WDS! I think we might also drive this next trip. I hate the thought of not being there in 2 hours...but planes & car rentals are getting a little out of hand for me. Do let us know about all the new eateries!

Toronto
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

Hi Burford,

I read your post and had to laugh. Hey! other people watch the Island Inn web cam too !!! Sometimes I put it full screen and watch it as I'm folding laundry. There seems to be a lot of people heading to Sanibel in April. We've only got 17 more days to go. Although we're not coming from as far as you, our trip will also be long. A 26 hour drive from Ontario towing a tent trailer. That ride will seem to take forever until we reach the causeway.

So if you''re like me, you'll be in Sanibel vicariously through this forum and the web cam until you can get to the real thing. The time will go quickly....

Maryland
Level Contributor
410 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

43 days here....WDS & Mars...we get in on 5-12. Will you guys still be on island?

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

11 days and counting until our next trip.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

50 something.

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

we will get there sometime very late on April 30th and leaving very early on Saturday, May 14th. Going down, we will be driving straight through....about 19 hours, but coming home, we plan to stop in Sumter, SC (it is actually about half way for us to home). Sumter is where my daughter is stationed. This year, we are staying at LightHouse Point. My neighbors stay there and absolutly love it. we needed a place large enough to accomodate everyone that we asked to join us, and something that would not break the bank. The unit looks lovely and I think it will be perfect, although, this is the first time in 32 years we are not staying on the gulf. My neighbors assured me that there is so much activity on the water and the views are stunning. For sure, I will post everything that is going on and thoughts about it. BTW, does anyone want to do a "meet and greet" while down there?

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
189 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

We'll be on the island in 48 days!! Can't wait for our 10 day stay in paradise.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the countdown is now on for me!

30 more sleeps for me!

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island