We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traders news

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Traders news

The following "card of thanks" was in the latest edition of the Island Sun News:

Getting a call Saturday morning that the fire alarm was going off

at Traders Store & Cafe and the fire department was being dispatched is a terrifying way to begin your weekend. The good news is that upon arrival, the Sanibel Fire Department was already

on the scene and had the fire/smoke under control. Their lightning-quick response time minimized the damage so our “down time” is probably a week as opposed to losing the rest of the season.

Our heartfelt thanks to Chief Duncan and all the firefighters who worked so professionally to contain the damage, and to the Sanibel Police Department for their almost ’round-the-clock survellience

of the property during our clean-up and re-construction. We hope to be open for business within the week. Also, huge thanks to our friends, customers, and neighbors for the supportive emails, Facebook posts, water, food and moral support – you’ve helped us so much more than you know during this difficult time. Please come back as soon as we reopen – we’ll need the business!!!

Saturday was the perfect example of the saying, “When everyone else is running out of the burning building, the firemen are running in.”

Joe Archambault, Gretchen Wilson and Roseanne Giorvani, Owners, Traders Store & Cafe

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traders news

Hope they are up and running soon...we had a great meal there in January and hope to repeat in April.

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traders news

Zin.....thanks for the report! Can't wait to go there! I was disappointed knowing that it was closed due to the fire.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traders news

Thanks for the update...Great news.

Inman, SC
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traders news

Zin, Thanks for the update regarding Traders. Wish I could be there when they reopen the doors! I would urge all visitors who have not eaten at this restaurant to give it a try, and ask all you residents to get out and support one of the best establishments on the island. The food is great and the service is, too My hubby and I tease each other about being "food snobs", but I've NEVER had a bad meal here. I know it is a favorite of many of our regular forum participants.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traders news

Here, here...I'll toast to that! In fact, I might have to come back down there and have that second meal of scallops and lobster ravioli I was planning on last week. And for you meat eaters, my niece loved the ribs!

6. Re: Traders news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 16:18