We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

My husband and I are looking to come down in a few weeks and need a nice 1 bdrm or even 2 beachfront condo. We know nothing about the area so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for about a 3 star or up. Thanks so very much! Back disablility so beachfront is a must. Thanks again!

out there
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

We love Sanibel Arms. Smaller complex with beachfront units. Bike rentals and a nice pool. (www.sanibelarms.com)

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

If by beachfront you mean go out your door and in a few steps be on the beach then the choice narrows as most properties are separated from the beach by a natural barrier as per conservation codes.

The closest condos are one building at Sundial, Pointe Santo A or E buildings and Island Beach Club. Oceans Reach has close units but are a little further set back.

If you don't need to be directly along the beach and can walk for a minute or so then the list expands a lot.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Thank you all so very much!! I have a back disability so yes the distance to walk is harder for me. I will ck out all of the above and I do so appreciate your feedback. !!! :)

Also looking for somewhere that might have a poolside bar or cafe? I got a rate of 1250.00 at Sundial with one of the only 6 gulf front units or so the owner said. I dont know if that is a good rate or not ?? One bedroom , One bath.Screened Lanai out from bed and living area. This was a 7 night stay Sat to Sat a few weeks out.

Edited: 08 April 2011, 19:59
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Ocean Reach is full but still hope with Sundial for beachfront as stated above. Is this condo close to eateries? I have read up on where to stock up on groceries. Thanks again and if anyone has any new ideas for condos , pls let me know. I do like that the Sundial has the poolside bar and grill. Convienent.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Found out poolside bar at Sundial is included in amenities and if you use those, $25 per person per day. So much for that idea.

May have to use my blender and refridgerator! Still looking at Pointe Santo in the A and E bldgs suggested by mysanilbelcondo. Still open for suggestions. Thanks guys!!

Really just want to sit back, relax and look at beach right out of my room. Walk to the beach and read.

Edited: 08 April 2011, 23:36
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

scorpette - did you look at West Wind Inn? They have motel style rooms with kitchenettes, a nice pool, restaurant on site and a pool bar.

Also Sanibel Inn has different lodging options, a sister property to Sundial, and there is a restaurant and pool bar also.

Sorry about your back, that pretty much stinks. I have 3 herniated discs, lower lumbar, not fun.

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

If it was me arriving late April ... I'd be negotiating to pay around $850 per/week for a one bedroom condo. Note that May brings in the low season rates ... but late April rates can be haggled over ... especially for units avail last minute.

Cheers.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Thanks JS. That is what I am doing now!

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

Sanibel Moorings has some great oceanfront buildings with ground floor condos. We stayed there before we bought out timeshare. I feel in love with Sanibel there, 25 years ago.

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time and need advice on a great beachfront condo

You can't go wrong with Pointe Santo A or E buildings. They are both great! It is a very short walk to the lounge chairs under the palm trees. Heaven!!