We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

My husband and I have never been to Sanibel, but are planning a trip this year. Can anyone suggest where a clean hotel, motel, or condo reasonably priced is? I have 2 requests I would like an oceanfront room and a pool at the facility. Thank you for any advice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

For starters, you may want to check out the one BR condo units at Ocean's Reach. They are just the right size for a couple (in my opinion) and offer the option to stock your fridge so you can prepare casual meals "at home" rather than eating out all the time. Nice grounds, decent beachside pool, tennis courts...just a nice overall home base.

All units are gulf front, but my personal preference is for a 3rd or 4th floor unit as those seem to offer a broader water view when you just want to relax on the screened lanai. "Off season" rates at OR are quite attractive. You might find a unit by visiting the OR website directly or by checking out the direct from owner rentals at www.vrbo.com. Good luck with your search!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

Depending on time of year you would need to spend a week for most condo rentals but if you are staying for a week a condo is often a better deal and as GM mentioned, eating in saves a LOT of money.. A two bedroom unit might be cheaper than a motel room and sometime owners will discount if only using one bedroom.

If you need nighly then other options include West Wind Inn and Song of the Sea (which is geared more to adults). There are also one bedroom units at Casa Ybel which is the most "resorty " atmosphere on the island.

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

We are leaving for Sanibel next week. We stay at the Sanibel Moorings. We have been going to the same condo/resort for the past 5 years, because it is reasonable, has clean grounds, pool, right on the beach or just a short walking distance away. The condo units are 1 and 2 bedroom, and are a nice size with a small porch, perfect for sitting out at night with wine or dessert. We Have stayed at Song of the Seas a couple times too. It was fine also, but more like a small studio apartment.

The people who manage both properties are wonderful and helpful in

every way.

4. Re: Decent price on Oceanfront for 2 Adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:16