We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Arrived home yesterday after spending two glorious weeks on Sanibel. The weather was beautiful our entire visit.

We immensely enjoyed the Sanibel Thriller ! I would recommend this excursion to everyone. A nice history was given as we road along the shore of Sanibel and Captiva. We saw so many dolphins and they really put on show. The children on board were very excited as well as the young at heart.. The guides seemed to make a special effort to make the trip fun.

We ate at several restaurants and have written reviews. I will start a thread on the "Orange Cake". My husband and I commented we did not think the food was as good as in years past. We feel every visit the quality of the food declines.

We stayed at Pointe Santo in a beach front unit in the E building. Our unit was nice and well equipped. The grounds and pool were well maintained. Enjoyed breakfast and lunch on the lanai. After dinner we enjoyed watching people walking the beach and the cool breeze from the lanai.

Spent everyday on the beach. Saw dolphins playing close to the shore line. We were in the water and a manatee swam by within three feet. Everyone in the water watched in awe. Shelling was not great but understandable for this time of year. We hoped to bump into Sanibel Toot's walking the shore. Maybe next visit.

We were sad leaving Sanibel but felt blessed to have spent two weeks in paradise. On our flight home we discussed our next visit. In the mean time will keep up on island happenings on TA.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report. Glad you had a nice time and the weather was good. The wildlife on/around Sanibel is amazing. With each visit we almost always see something different.

LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
114 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

How fantastic that you saw a manatee - I am so jealous - would love to see one in the wild. I agree with you about the Sanibel Thriller - I think it is a great trip for young and old alike. Pleased you enjoyed your holiday but it would be hard not to on Sanibel wouldn't it?!

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
189 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report. I'm depending on TA to keep me 'in the loop' until we return in 2 years. We love seeing all the wildlife while on Sanibel. My husband saw 3 stingrays swim pretty close to him while he was shelling one afternoon. Took him by surprise. We were hoping to see Toot (and Puffin) too! Maybe another trip.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

It was gorgeous weather wasn't it? Glad you had fun.

5. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island