We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
where to have 40th anniversary dinner

My husband and I are staying on Sanibel the 2nd week of July and will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. I am looking for a waterfront restaurant with good seafood (not fancy, fancy food) that has pretty reasonable prices and great desserts. Any suggestions?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
678 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

I would recommend Thistle Lodge

at Casa Ybel.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

I agree. Thistle lodge is by far the prettiest restaurant on Sanibel. Upscale food $$$. Stunning Gulf front view -my favorite for a special occasion. Congrats on your 40th Anniversary!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Thank you for your replies! I had Thistle Lodge pretty much at the top of my list so we'll check it out. I understand they have great key lime cheesecake!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Green Flash on Captiva

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Old Captiva House @ Tween the Waters has a very pretty dining room with glimpses of the gulf. Also, the Mad Hatter @ Santiva is on the water, as is Traditions @ Island Inn, Sanibel

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
320 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

We've celebrated anniversaries & Mother's day at different restaurants. The Thistle Lodge had a beautiful view,,above average food, & was very pricy(more than $700 for a party of 7 which included a child)!The Old Captiva House was okay. It was pricey, okay food & a staff that hovered.They do have a Rewards Card that you can apply for to get a 10%discount on meals. It took 2 years to receive ours. Apparantly they don't check their e-mail very often.We will be trying Mad Batter at the end of June. We will keep you posted about the results. Green Flash was great service & average food with a nice view. We haven;t really food an all around eat, reasonable place.Doc Ford;s has delicious food. But, it's not fancy. We usually eat here & take a ride to Captiva(Mucky Duck's beach)& watch a beautiful sunset.Enjoy!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
931 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Thistle Lodge has always been our top choice for special dinners

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
621 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Came to post a question about an anniversary dinner and I see the question before I get to post. Congrats on 40 years! We'll be down there 1st week of July and celebrating 18 years. We were thinking the Mucky Duck, but where on Captiva is the Green Flash?

Mid-Atlantic
Level Contributor
320 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

The Green Flash is on Captiva Drive after the bend on the bay side before Gore Street. It's not on this map, but you can get an idea about the location..

http://www.captiva-island.com/amrc/capmap.htm

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
621 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to have 40th anniversary dinner

Thank you for the map/location!

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island