We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Monday

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Monday

Hi to all. We are arriving Monday and it's actually cooler on Sanibel Island than in Ohio!

OK, now my pet peeve is biting insects (no-see-ums, mosquitoes, biting flies): any update you can give us as of today? Not an issue, worse than average, just normal?

Thanks!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Monday

We just got back, and the only time we had a problem with them was when we went on a sunset cruise.

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Monday

Many thanks for the update!

Miami
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving Monday

I'm on Captiva now and for me, the no see ums have been worse than I've had in previous years. I live in Florida so this isn't unusual but I would say bring whatever you plan to use to repel bugs and USE it liberally!

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving Monday

SteveandLiz:

We only used the Cactus Juice (found at Bailey's as well as Tarpon Bay shop) and we did not get a single bite! Cactus Juice was recommended several times on TA. I also used it as sunscreen for myself (20SPF). It has a great scent, very light and is safe for kids! My dh also picked up a spray bottle of the Off Family repellent and we used that to spray our clothes when we ventured out for extended periods of time at night "just to be safe".

Have a great trip!

5. Re: Arriving Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 22:17