We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Hey everyone,

It looks like we picked the wrong week to come to Sanibel, given that the weather forecast shows nothing but rain until Thursday. We have an 18-month old and enough provisions to keep him entertained inside for a while, but DH and I would rather not stick around the condo all day (and DVDs and books will lose their appeal).

Any rainy day activity recommendations in the area (we don't mind driving a few hours even) would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alli

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

So sorry about the multiple posts! Guess I need some help navigating the TA iPad app as well. :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,080 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Go to your other posts, and use the click 'report this post' and choose the remove my post feature. that way you won't be getting reloies oin each one.

AS for answers, there are shops, the shell museum. How much rain- wait I am looking now as there is a big difference between all day rain, and chance of thunderstorms.

OK, today and tomorrow will need to be indoor activities but by Wed the chance of rain is 60% and therefore you will have a 40% of staying dry. And if you do get rain it probably won't be all day. So that day you could do some outdoor things, but it does look to be windy and not terribly warm. So play parks out side, a beach walk, Ding darling looking for animals, even the Gator mini golf over in ft myers and he could feed the baby gators.

For indoors, going to a mall for a few hours is good, as they have play areas, and food courts etc. I suppose you could even see a movie together at the island cinema or Regal Belltower off Summerlin rd.

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Thanks! We're going to make the best of it--a rainy day at the beach is better than a good day at the office! Looks like we're mall-bound today.

North Myrtle Beach...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Go to mapapalooza.com/maps/…sanibel_island.php they have a large list of Sanibel Island destinations. I hope the sun comes back out for you.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

dinoplayground.com

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Here's an event calendar from the News Press:

…news-press.com/localevents/…

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

And some other indoor activities for kids:

…hubpages.com/hub/Rainy-day-fun-in-Fort-Myer…

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

Thank you everyone! We ended up at the Imaginarium, which was a hit with my son and at the Bell Tower Shops, which was a hit with me. :) If tomorrow's weather is similar, we'll try to get a little beach time in and head to explore Naples.

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

The Stone Crab restaurant has new early entertainment on Sanibel and the little ones love to dance plus its really family friendly there.

10. Re: Rainy Sanibel with a toddler... any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island