We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captiva or Sanibel?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Captiva or Sanibel?

Active family of 5 with three teenagers looking to spend spring break on the gulf. Hoping to find a happy medium with beautiful views, peace & quiet, access to bike paths, beach, town, etc..

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captiva or Sanibel?

If those were my specs, I would go for Sanibel.

Beautiful views - both

Peace and quiet - Captiva is not as busy as Sanibel, but road to Captiva can be busy during season

Bike Paths - Sanibel, Captiva the road is basically shared with cars

Beach - both have great beaches, but Sanibel gets my vote, Captiva Beaches have been renourished due to washing away several times in storms

Town - Sanibel has a good mix of shops and restaurants, grocery stores and a movie theater, Captiva has some really nice restaurants and shops, small mom and pop markets

Stay on Sanibel, visit Captiva

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captiva or Sanibel?

Sanibel sound like the choice but you can see more details at:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34616-c49694/Sanibel…

NJ
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Captiva or Sanibel?

If you have 3 teenagers then I would opt for Sanibel. Jump on a bike and a short ride there is alot to do. But definately go and visit Captiva because it is beautiful.

4. Re: Captiva or Sanibel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 05:16