We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

Springfield...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

I'm very new to all of this -- not a traveler at all. Have found a few reasonably priced condo options via Trip Advisor and VRBO. Do I book now or wait? When do the owners/managers start giving "deals".......? We want to stay on Sanibel the 3 nights 12/31, 1/01 and 1/02 if we can find a decent, clean place at a somewhat-reasonable price. Any advice is appreciated!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

When traveling to Sanibel during the "low" season, some will take a chance on coming down without reservations and then stopping in at the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center to see what "last minute deals" might be available. However, your plans are for the New Year's weekend. If I were in your shoes, I think I would just go ahead and make my arrangements if you can find appealing accomodations and an owner willing to rent to you for only three days. Just one opinion....

Welcome to Sanibel!!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

I agree with GrandmaMac - if you find something for those dates - book it now. I know several people who own vacation rentals in the area and all of them were booked Jan - April by early summer. Good Luck.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

Since you are looking for a short stay (which will limit which properties you can book) and also for a holiday weekend, I would book now.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

Agreed- book now. That weekend will likely sell out and the units that are open will likely be open for a reason.....

Springfield...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

Thanks a ton, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Researching and really hoping to get something booked within the next few days. Can't wait to visit Sanibel!!!!

6. Re: Book Condo Now or Wait a Couple of Weeks?? Sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2012, 05:17