We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice hotel

fairfield, ca
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice hotel

My husband and I visited Sanibel Island last February. What a lovely place. We stayed at the Marriott over the bridge. We would very much like to stay on the island this time. We will be there at the end of April. We would like to stay at a nice place that has services as we do not want to cook. We want to be beach/gulf front with a beautiful view from our room. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

There is no true resort on Sanibel.. There are "boutique" hotels, motels, cottages and condos.

The closest resort-like property on Sanibel would be Casa Ybel (with a pool bar and excellent on-site restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner. You would have to go to one of the many nice restaurants off-site for breakfast.

If for some reason CY doesn't suit you you could look at Sundial which has a lot of resort facilities but is more of a condo experience.

Edited: 30 November 2011, 13:04
England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

Island Inn has some gulf front rooms and cottages with an on site (Traditions) restaurant for evening meals.

Also offers free continental breakfast for guests though as msc says you may wish to try off site for something more substantial. Ditto for lunch.

Nice location and grounds.

http://www.islandinnsanibel.com/

Indian Shores...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

You might consider Captiva Island. I love 'Tween Waters Inn...it's has a quaint historic-ness to it with plenty of amenities (pool, tennis courts, spa, restaurants, bars, marina, beautiful uncrowded beach, etc.). I've been going to Sanibel/Captiva regulary for over 20 years and have tried countless lodging optioins from mom and pops, to cottages, to boutique hotels to the monstrous South Seas Plantation...and I always go back to 'Tween Waters.

Edited: 02 December 2011, 01:00
fairfield, ca
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

Thank you so much for the suggestions. They all look so wonderful...it will be hard to choose. Do you know how far (driving time) "Tween Waters" is from the Ft Myers Airport?

Edited: 02 December 2011, 01:43
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
486 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

I'm going to guess 45 min drive from the airport to Tween Waters end of April. As you probably remember the speed limit on Sanibel is pretty slow and of course you have to drive the length of Sanibel to get to Captiva. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

From Tween Waters I think a good hour.It takes about 30minutes to get off the island.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

I've heard http://www.islandinnsanibel.com/ is great. I just went to there site and it looks like all the rooms have been recently refurbished plus its right on the beach!

8. Re: Looking for a nice hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:41