We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small day trips with a captain

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
small day trips with a captain

wondering if anyone has had a great experience on Sanibel I Island going out for a Day to some of the islands around Sanibel. Would like a recommendation for our trip in March.

1. Re: small day trips with a captain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2012, 01:05
Englewood, Florida...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: small day trips with a captain

I took a day trip with Captain Brian Holaway in July. I found his shell guide service from a website called iLove Shelling. It was the highlight to our Sanibel trip.

Capt Brian motored us out on his very comfortable boat to Cayo Costa Island. He had a big cooler with ice for us to put some of our drinks. We spent a few hours finding spectacular sea shells & enjoying the quiet of an off the beaten trail beach. Oh Em Gee - the birds! Black skimmers, pelicans, & gulls of every type were every where.

We enjoyed the Captain's company. He is an out-going knowledgeable guide that pointed out local landmarks & wildlife. He is a certified Florida Master Naturalist so he knows his stuff. The marina that his service is located out of is in the heart of Captiva Island & had lots of free parking. Can't wait to go again.

Sturgeon
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small day trips with a captain

We second Captain Brian, check out his blog and you will be sold!

4. Re: small day trips with a captain

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2012, 20:35
Edited: 04 August 2012, 20:35
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: small day trips with a captain

I have been out on a shell tour with Captain Brian once and had a great time. I have also been out on shell tours with Rob McKay of Santiva Saltwater Fishing several times. Although the company is called Saltwater Fishing, he does an excellent shelling tour as well. If you search for Rob's name in this forum you'll find info on him. I think both guides are excellent.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 17:49
Eagle Butte, South...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: small day trips with a captain

We just returned from Sanibel, and did a charter with Captain Brian. Two years ago we did a shelling charter with another company, which was also pleasant, but what we liked about Captain Brian is that he is a sheller himself and we learned so many new things with him as a guide. We found shells that we would not have noticed otherwise, and the whole experience was richer. He's also good for photographers. We saw dolphins and many types of birds. Our charter with Captain Brian was November 29, 2012.

Our little ones also spent a day at Sanibel Sea School which they LOVED. Highly recommended - they searched for seahorses by snorkeling in the seagrass, and dissected a squid. They learned a lot, loved it, and we got grown-up time. Win-win!

7. Re: small day trips with a captain

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17