We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Level Contributor
147 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 4/12-4/17

When we arrived back on Sanibel (3rd time) it was like coming home. It is paradise to us....back to the Beachview cottages

our home away from home. We were in #7 upstairs, not our favorite

as was #16. First time was at the Sunset Hotel next door. We ate at the Lazy Flamingo on our way in....wow...BEST hamburger ever.. Jacaranda always fabulous....Grandma Dots, stone crab really good

soft shell crab not so much....Cips was very good....Over Easy also really good (crab asparagus omelet to die for)....Twilight very

disappointing. The service was terrible, wasn't even busy when we arrived, our waitress was very distracted not attentive at all. The food was so so. Would not go back. The highlight of our stay was

taking the Thriller around the island. It is well worth the money.

Was a blast!!! Get wet? oh ya!!!! We were in the outter middle

and i got drenched.....lots of porpises (sp?)...they were so funny

and had such a great time very entertaining to say the least.

The narration about the history of the area was greaty, very interesting. It was windy the day we went, i was afraid i would get

seasick but it was smooth and just fine. Our shelling wasn't very

good, we even got up before dawn our final day, went to Blind Pass

and of course several other cars already there but it was beautiful

and still fun. I know the traffic and tourists must drive the locals

crazy but it is paradise to us. Our heaven on earth. Shopping was

fun, great variety. Thanks to eveyone for helping plan our trip.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Thanks for the great trip report. Glad you had a good time. Driving over the causeway is always like coming home to our family.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Thanks Purplewoman! We love Lazy Flamingo as well.

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Enjoyed your report.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Thanks for the report. Hope your unsatisfactory experience at Twilight as a one-off. Thriller sounds "thrillin".

I often compare the causeway to a time-warp, one where you pass through to an alternate world where all is good.

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
189 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

I love reading trip reports. Keeps me in touch with the island. We too stay at Beachview Cottages and love it. Our stay last year was in #16 and it worked out great for us and our small dog (we prefer ground floor units). Unfortunately we have to wait another year before our next trip to Sanibel. I'm going to have to make a note to try the crab asparagus omelet - sounds yummy!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

Nice trip report - thanks for sharing.

Roll on next year :)

7. Re: Trip Report 4/12-4/17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:16