We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

17 days and counting!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
17 days and counting!

Yes I know this is early for me. I usually book everything about a day or two in advance. Flight booked, lodging not booked yet. Thinking I might want to try the West end for a change. Any suggestions? Must be ocean front, must have a lanai over looking the gulf. Any advice is appreciated!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 17 days and counting!

HI Mars,

Please let me know how you like Mitchells. It looks like they are on a beautiful stretch of beach, I paid $253 with taxes round trip.

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 17 days and counting!

We've stayed at mitchell's several times. Highely recommend the location if you like to be a bit "out of the action." Very quiet and peaceful, but only about 5 minutes from Bailey's and the rest of Periwinkle. Lots of big private residences near by so there are fewer people on the beach. The couple that run Mitchell's do a wonderful job--I'll just hope they have something available as their units stay booked.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 17 days and counting!

Thanks for the advice Momma. Mars, I'll try to write some live reports. Last August I paid 240 round trip non stop. This time I do have one short layover both ways.

Hershey PA
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 17 days and counting!

28 days! We will begin our journey to Sanibel from PA....stopping in Savannah and Orlando.....and ultimately Compass Pointe! The Countdown starts today!

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 17 days and counting!

19 days from today for me until I'm back in paradise. Let the shells be many and the no-see-ums be few!

iowa
Level Contributor
263 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 17 days and counting!

Lucky you Iowagirl! This Iowa girl has to wait until November so I'll have to live vicariously through your trip reports! Have fun!

7. Re: 17 days and counting!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:15