We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

Boston
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

Sanibel has been on my list for so long and I've get to get there! Now that we have 2 girls I really want to make this a vacation spot we go to many times during their childhood- my draw to Sanibel is everything that you all love about it- shells, natural beauty, laid back attitude, and just special family time. My husband and I are from Boston and usually travel high-end.

We will be traveling with our 2 daughters (age 2 & 4) and my fabulous Mother in law. I am wondering if I should just start researching condo options or if there may be a "resort" that could accomodate us I should consider? We want to have 2 bedrooms (MIL will share with girls) and a small kitchen. I would also like to be beach front- pool not necessarily but would certainly be added bonus. would also love for my husband and I to be able to walk to at least 1 restaurant for dinner.

thanks all! can't wait to make memories on Sanibel!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Sanibel Moorings Resort
Sanibel Moorings Resort
#1 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Island Inn
Island Inn
#5 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#6 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Sturgeon
Level Contributor
545 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

Casa Ybel seems to meet your criteria. Great shelling in that area, nice condos, pool, couple of highly restaurants on site. We stay next door at Oceans Reach, but utilize Casa Ybel's restaurants. Casa Ybel seems higher end than Oceans Reach, but that is just my two cents worth

Mentioned in this post
Casa Ybel Resort
Casa Ybel Resort
686 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

Here's another vote for Casa Ybel, http://www.casaybelresort.com/ It is on a very nice beach with good shelling. Great location on the island with very nice restaurants on site. Casa Ybel may not be the only place on Sanibel Island that meets your needs, but you be glad you stayed there.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Ybel Resort
Casa Ybel Resort
686 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

I also like Casa Ybel and you can also look at the owners web site at www.casaybel.com to book directly which might save some $$$

Sundial, a much larger complex, also has an on-site restaurant so you might look into it to see if it appeals to you. There are no street lights on Sanibel so after-hours walking from complexes to nearby restaurants is usually not an option for most.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Ybel Resort
Casa Ybel Resort
686 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort...
2,714 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
4. Re: Sanibel with kids! Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island