We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newtown...
Level Contributor
418 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

We've been on the island since May 5th and have had the most incredible stretch of weather .... blue skies every day.... warm Gulf waters and temperatures in the mid-80's.

We rented a boat from Beach Bums at Tween Waters Inn today (thanks for the idea White Diamond Scoot!) and had a blast! We took the boat up to Cayo Casta for a few hours and returned in time for lunch at the Mucky Duck, which was good as always!

We also took a ride on the Sanibel Thriller again this year and was not disappointed... it was as much fun as the first time.

Several breakfasts at The Over Easy, Mother's Day dinner at Doc Ford's, a few lunches at The Lazy Flamingo in Sanibel and Happy Hour at Coconuts in Casa Ybel. All of our meals have been great with the exception of one disappointing dinner at Cip's restaurant. We visited twice last year and loved it, but it was not a good experience this year....

Well, just a few more days in paradise and then back to reality.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Thanks for the trip report. Glad that the weather has been good and that you are having a nice time. I love going to Cayo Costa in a small boat. There is just so much to see and do on Sanibel and the surrounding islands. We enjoy Doc Fords and the Over Easy Cafe. We need to try Coconuts when we are next on Sanibel. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 03:49
Missouri
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Glad to hear your trip has been so great! You'll have to give more details on the boat rental when you have more time. I'd like to do it when I'm there in a few weeks but I'm a little afraid. Lol

USA
Level Contributor
174 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Sounds like you have had a wonderful visit in paradise. Enjoy your last few days.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Lisa....I know your trip is about over :(....sniff, sniff....it sounds as if you had a blast! I'm glad you enjoyed your boat rental...that is always a good time...next time, try Barnicle Phils for lunch on North Captiva...you will LOVE it! Also, having a boat is not a difficult as it seems....glad it was fun.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy Cips as much this year as last.....we went last year a couple of times and really enjoyed it, only went once this year, I had a salad and hubby had what he liked last year...Ribs. We did enjoy our meal this year.

Coconuts....we tried to go twice this year....our weather was so iffy...the wind was terrible, each time we went, it was closed. I do know that at least once, it was because of the weather....oh well, maybe next year. btw, while at Coconuts, could you use the pool? Just wondering.

I bet you are like me and are already planning your next trip to Paradise! Have a safe trip home.

Newtown...
Level Contributor
418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

Back home in Pennsylvania... missing the sunshine and warm Gulf waters! Already booked for next May.... only 50 weeks til we return!

6. Re: It's Beautiful Here in Sanibel.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:17