We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

My wife and I will be in Sanibel last week of November and are thinking about a charter or perhaps a nonprivate boat for a half day of fishing. It's important to us to be able to catch fish and have someone give us some fishing tips. I did read other posts but would like any other opinions. We are looking for calm waters. Thanks.

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

I would recommend calling Jensen's Marina on Captiva to see if "Captain Jeff" is available. he's great and has all the gear. If you're inexperienced, he will bait the hooks, cast the rod and hand it to you. Great fun--you will enjoy it. He used to offer 1/2 days, morning or afternoon--as well as full days. I'd suggest for November do the afternoon.

2. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 September 2012, 05:35
kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

Why the afternoon?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

I just wanted to let you know that my husband and grandson had excellent experiences doing half day fishing excursions with several different captains based at the Sanibel Marina. Perhaps a call or e-mail to the marina would produce several names / websites that can help you connect with individuals who can provide you wth a good fishing "trip".

Edited: 12 September 2012, 00:57
5. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 September 2012, 05:35
Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

If you want to do a party boat and don't mind traveling to Ft. Myers Beach, I'd recommend Capt. Tony's fishing charters. The boat holds about 50 people. It has restrooms facilities and a snack bar, but you can bring your own food and drinks.

We have been out 3 times with them. We have always caught fish. There are 2 mates on the boat that help with baiting, getting fish off hooks and detangling lines.

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

Why afternoon? In November, temperatures will be a little cool in the morning, may as well take advantage of being out on the water in the warmest, sunniest time of day. Plus if you catch fish, he will clean them...and you have supper ready to cook !

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

great. thanks again for the advice

9. Re: Best fishing charter for inexperienced couple

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island
Recent Conversations