We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceans Reach - noise in condos

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Oceans Reach - noise in condos

if you are staying on a lower floor, can you hear sounds from the unit above you or from adjoining units, or is each unit completely sound proof? Have never been there before and although I am considering the top floor, possibly a lower floor would work if it was quiet.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

I do recall reading ONE post not too long ago written by someone who was unhappy about sounds from the unit above the one she had rented. However, there are abundant reviews of Ocean's Reach available to read here on T.A. and the vast majority of them are highly positive. I believe Ocean's Reach is actually rated #1 by this community of travelers and I doubt that would be the case if there were serious issues with sounds from overhead units.

Having said that, many folks like the views from the 4th floor. There have been a few negative comments about distracting noise from people who were located very near the pool. I doubt that would be much of a problem other than, possibly, during school holidays....

Edited: 22 October 2012, 17:14
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

I've never stayed in a condo were I DID'T hear noise above me, except when on the top floor. And noise from the balconies resonates is ALL complexes, even the most expensive ones.

The worst was Bayside Villas on Captiva. Big, beautiful units, but the folks above me had their TV on LOUD because he was hard of hearing. Then another seasonal owner came in and HE has also hard of hearing so I was blasted from both sides because they kept their sliders open. If I closed the sliders and stayed inside, I couldn't hear them - I also couldn't enjoy the huge porch at night. And the other unavoidable noise, the sound of sliders opening onto balconies. No killing that! They woke me EVERY MORNING when they went to eat breakfast on the porch at 6AM. Since I'm a night owl and usually go go bed around 2AM, this was profoundly unwelcome.

Bayside Villas is a small (5 unit) complex in the middle of the village and the units sell for about $2 million and up. Very well built, very large, newer units aimed at the upscale market, but some noise just cannot be avoided.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

we've stayed at OR several times, even right by the pool - noise has never bothered me. It's not silent, you can hear other people rolling bags down the outside corridor, splashing in the pool, etc - but you should expect some noise, as it is par for the course when sharing walls.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

So a good tip is to try to rent next to neighbors with good hearing, and who are not early risers.

I live in a condo year round and I always hear my neighbor's TV through the wall, and he is not even hard of hearing. My neighbor upstairs walks like an elephant. So it is definitely just one of those drawbacks of multi-unit dwellings .

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

I should disclaim I travel with little kids, so maybe their noise blocks out the neighbors noise... someone is probably out there complaining about being next to us. ha ha ha...

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

"So a good tip is to try to rent next to neighbors with good hearing, and who are not early risers."

Yup. heheheheheheheheheheheh

Or do what I often do, rent a house/cottage.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
644 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

Near condos that are being rehabbed for sound with double walls between each unit to muffle sound and double panes to reduce all noise. Not even a 2 million condo guarantees sound proofing.

8. Re: Oceans Reach - noise in condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island