We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

In the old Chee burger, Chee burger place, on Periwinkle, between Tarpon Bay and Palm Ridge Rd. They have a parking lot a couple driveways down, toward Baileys. This building also housed an ice-cream place, a couple years ago - Scoops, I think?

I have GOT to RAVE about this place, it is FABULOUS!!! Fresh, excellent food, probably the best i've had on the island, if not anywhere. Good pricing, beer and wine, no liquor license as of yet. They do have a Margarita, made with agave, as well. Very nice, ask for extra limes if you like it tart.

We had the shrimp corn chowder, pulled pork tacos, beef tacos, and several vegetarian options - the black bean enchilada with cream citrus sauce is to DIE for.

I'm saving the best for last - their home made tortilla chips, with homemade guac and salsa's are AMAZING.

I was on a girls trip last week with some friends - we ate there twice and I cannot wait to go back and belly up to their tables again. Well done, and I wish them the best of luck!

news-press.com/article/…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Wow! You have me sold, Sunny...I'm jotting down this information right now and will be sure to check out this place when I arrive in March. Sounds like an excellent addition to options for kicking back, relaxing and enjoying some favorites when visiting Sanibel.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Oh no fair! I'm drooling!

North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Hi sunny,

Do you know the name of the place?

Also, do they do takeout too? Love sitting on my balcony eating a casual dinner while watching the sun set over the water...glass of something in hand.

North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Oops! Missed the link to the article in your OP. Will definitely check it out. Especially for the homemade gauc...!! Thanks.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Fresh Taqueria is the name, 2411 Periwinkle.

We really did love this restaurant - I am gluten and dairy free, and being able to eat out was a big deal to me. I just bought our plane tickets for our next trip, and we will definitely eat here often. I would think they have take out, I didn't ask, i'm sorry.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Went there last night and really liked it! And they have a liquor license, now.

Posting photos soon...

Edited: 24 December 2012, 16:46
Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Can't wait to try it

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

I'm so pleased they have their liquor license! I can't wait to get back on island and eat!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

So now in retrospect, I am not so sure about that liquor license. After reviewing their facebook page, it looks like they only have a wine/beer license, which might explain why the margaritas we ordered were sub par. I am thinking maybe they contained no tequila at all. If you care about this, I'd say call ahead and find out.

Maryland
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Taco tapas restaurant opens on Sanibel!!!

Looks like the website is up!

www.freshtaqueria.com

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island