We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PATS Game Sunday

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
PATS Game Sunday

What would be the best place to go on the island to watch the game, maybe grab a burger. Not necessarily looking for elbow to elbow, just a big screen and a cold beer or two...

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PATS Game Sunday

Sanibel Grill, alongside Timbers, has a bazillion TV screens mounted along the perimeter of their dining room. There are usually a variety of games on display. It is also usually very crowded, so go early.

Off-island, Miller's Ale House in Gulf Coast Town Centre or its cousin Fort Myers Ale House at Colonial and Metro would both work.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PATS Game Sunday

George and Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grill is a great place to watch the game too. They also have reduced price on beer and appetizers during the game.

Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PATS Game Sunday

I would head to Doc Ford's.

Great food, cold beer, and big TV's plus lots of New England fans there too.

No matter where you decide, I would highly recommend arriving well before the start of the game. A good seat is what it's all about.

Doc Ford's has always been one of my favorite places to watch sports and being a New Englander - GO PATS!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PATS Game Sunday

The Great White Grill is nice also on Sanibel

Maryland
Level Contributor
408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PATS Game Sunday

We are usually on island during NFL playoffs/Superbowl. A few years ago, (Saints vs. Indianapolis), At halftime, I went looking for a good bar in which to watch the rest of the game. (Staying up at Tradewinds, so headed down-island).Stopped at Doc Ford's (too much OT conversation. Game seemed secondary, at best), the old Hungry Heron (just too, too small), Great White Grill (Nothing but Pittsburgh fans. Enough said), The old Biddle's Bucket (pretty dead), the old McT's (ditto on dead), and finally Sanibel Grill. The Grill had a nice crowd who was into the game, a good mix of NO, IN, and other fans, and easily viewable screens.

I would certainly give George & Wendy's a shot now. The bar area is set well for viewing.

6. Re: PATS Game Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island