We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So, 2 weeks from now.....

Maryland
Level Contributor
408 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
So, 2 weeks from now.....

I shall be waking on Sanibel!!!

I will slide on the flip-flops and quietly grab the coffee mug, stepping outside the back door at West End Paradise. I will feel the gentle warm morning air stirring and smell the dark, wet, earthy scent of one of the two lagoons on the property. The Tri-colored herons may still be still; perhaps a turtle head poking above the water. The cardinals and woodpeckers in the pines may take notice of me, but allow me my respite unannounced.

I will stroll to the end of Tahiti and see the sky beginning to lighten in the southeast over the tops of the Mangroves in Ding Darling in the distance.

And I will feel Sanibel.

I will return to WEP, refill the coffee and bask in the solitude of early morning. I will review my shopping list for the Farmer's Market, being satisfied with "seafood, veggies, olives, bread", so as to allow myself the joy and surprise of being able to garner the freshest and most attractive items, not shopping for specifics, but rather creating a weekly menu based on offerings.

I will, in my mind's eye, see the layout of the Craft Fair and ponder which vendors might have the perfect item this year.

I will pour a cup for Wifey-Poo and friend as they head to the beach for their early morning shell walk, reminding them that it is Farmer's Market day, so as not to be too long.

I will hear the lagoons awake with the glorious cacophony of a Sanibel morning.

And I will feel Sanibel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
201 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

I can almost feel Sanibel thanks to your descriptive itinerary. I hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to an equally descriptive trip report!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

I hope this means I can look forward to daily trip reports including menus!

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

I will feel Sanibel in 96 days and counting. I'm barely holding on now so these 96 days might be rough. Don't forget to post a trip report upon return!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

What a lovely post, JayDee...you truly had me in a Sanibel trance there for a minute or two. Glad to say I will be down in six weeks....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

You describe the West End Paradise lagoons in the morning soooooooooooooooooooo beautifully. Before we bought 7 years ago, we stayed there and loved it. The owners are remarkably hospitable and helpful.It was such a lovely beginning to our experience in Sanibel

thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

jealous! 4 months for me!! Have fun!!

Smyrna, TN
Level Contributor
196 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

We will be returning to West End Paradise this fall and can't wait! Your description reminds me of everything I love about the island and WEP.

8. Re: So, 2 weeks from now.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:18