We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo car rental code

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Alamo car rental code

Just found a great code for alamo, up to 25% off and free double upgrade. Saved several hundred off my original quote (for beginning of April).

Contract ID 7015360 coupled with coupon code AU4224FDC

United States
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo car rental code

Thanks! Do you happen to know for long it is good?

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo car rental code

It's the Alamo Edvantage deal, says it expires 12/31/13

Newtown...
Level Contributor
418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo car rental code

Hmmmm..... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just plugged in the discount codes for dates in the beginning of May and they came back with a rate of $65.00 PER DAY!!!! Hotwire has them beat by almost $50.00 per day. We only need a rental from Saturday to Wednesday....

Framingham...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo car rental code

hmmm - i also tried for early May and the codes came back invalid. Will try again later.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo car rental code

Someone on FM forum got a car on pricline, they were told to bid 40% lower and got a car for their trip in April $20/day, its a bid thing but sounds worth it.

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo car rental code

That was me. They were quoting $66/day, I bid $20 and got it. Definitely worth a try. Mine came back with a Hertz car.

United States
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo car rental code

I almost used the Priceline "name your own price" thing, but then saw they only accept Visa and MasterCard. American Express gives us free insurance coverage for the car. Something to think about if you hit/got hit by another car. Deductible cost would not be worth the savings received.

des plaines, IL
Level Contributor
322 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo car rental code

Do you automatically get the coverage with AMEX? I have that card and never knew that.

United States
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo car rental code

Not sure, Busybeeks. Might be the program we have with it. You could probably call AmEx and ask.

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo car rental code

Last time I checked amex platinum card has the rental car insurance feature .. but check .. I would also call your own car insurance company , since many policies cover rental cars too .. many don't know that about their car policy.