We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip #1

ohio
Level Contributor
501 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip #1

Direct flight from CVG, screwdriver in hand.

Gogo inflight has 30 minutes free for mobile devices this weekend.

Leaving behind 12 deg and forecast of more snow.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip #1

Have fun!!!!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip #1

Did they let you through security with that?? Ohhhh, you mean a liquid screwdriver! Like how you travel. Get the heck outta Dodge and enjoy that beautiful island. Keep us posted if you can!

Worcester MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip #1

I have to admit, I was picturing the wrong kind of screwdriver, and wondering why you need one on the plane. Were you prepared to do any necessary repairs while in the air? I was impressed :)

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip #1

And me.

Leaving behind me, your North Coast Ohio neighbor.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip #1

Ah, well...I knew exactly what kind of screwdriver you were talking about, Fred. My favorite party beverage in days gone by. Hope you, and all the other Sanibel gang who are headed down, will have a fabulous time. Please post lots of updates for the rest of us who are stuck looking out a window at a steady snowfall.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip #1

Hey fredq2 hope you had a safe landing and a nice drive down the happy lane :)

We will wait for photos

Enjoy!

ohio
Level Contributor
501 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip #1

Nice sunny day today. With the recent posts about traffic…Was expecting delays but there weren't any. Even the early evening outflow was light.

Wandered on the beach some and found a few shells including a worm with a pointy tip.

Jerry's for an early dinner - grouper sandwich is quite possibly the best on the island and its a large filet.

Farmers market tomorrow.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip #1

We also will be going to the Farmer's Market this morning. We usually go pretty early, before some of the vendors run out of stuff. Cool this morning, but temps in the high 60's are predicted. Enjoy the day.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island Farmer's Market
Sanibel Island Farmer's...
339 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip #1

Good morning Fredq2 and MK...this may be a silly question but when you return from the market can you let me know what stalls you saw? I hear that they have fruits and vegetables and I think I read fresh seafood? I'd like to get a good idea of what is there so I don't pick up in the grocery store when we arrive what I can buy at the market the day after.

Thanks in advance for helping me out :)

Enjoy the market and the lovely day

Worcester MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip #1

They have fresh peanut butter, cashew butter, and other nut butters and products that are wonderful.