We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East part of Sanibel?

13 posts
Save Topic
East part of Sanibel?

Hi! We are traveling to Sanibel in May and looking at a really nice rental in the Eastern part, sort of close to the Beachview Golf Club. I know Bowman is supposedly the better beach, but how are the beaches on that end? We will be traveling with our almost two year old daughter. According to the map, it looks like we are btwn the lighthouse beach and fulgar st beach. Thanks everyone!

13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: East part of Sanibel?

We are on Donax if that helps!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East part of Sanibel?

The beach down from Donax is wonderful! Actually I find all of the beaches on Sanibel great in one way or another. We have found the beaches on Middle Gulf this year to be a nice combination of soft sand for playing (sand castle building, etc.), firm sand for walking and lots and lots of shells. Can't beat that. Enjoy!

13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: East part of Sanibel?

Thank you! We really like the place and want to make sure the beach is nice. Is Donax considered to be Middle Gulf?

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: East part of Sanibel?

The Moorings is a nice spot on the East side ..

ps - I always stay on the Eastern side ... beaches are amazing all over Sanibel .. I haven't noticed quality changing from spot to spot.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East part of Sanibel?

summermelv - yes, the beach at Donax is considered Middle Gulf and is very convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East part of Sanibel?

the beach in that area of Donax is wonderful and not much different than most beaches on Sanibel. Not to worry, you cannot go wrong where ever you land.....

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: East part of Sanibel?

Thanks everyone! These forums are great. This will be our first real trip since our honeymoon 4 years ago so I cannot wait!

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: East part of Sanibel?

btw - SUNDIAL condos on Middle Gulf Drive are close .. just around the corner from Beachview .. maybe a 3 minute bike ride at most.

9. Re: East part of Sanibel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:28