We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Thanks to a generous donation, Google Map users can now click on an interactive 360-degree walk about and take a tour of the Visitor & Education Center’s exhibits!

Additionally, you can now type in 1 Wildlife Drive Sanibel and the exact location of the Refuge entrance will be pinpointed. Prior to this new update, Ding Darling was listed as a general area.

Click on the little street view man and you will be taken inside the visitors center. According to Ding, nearly 700,000 people visit Ding each year, but only 250,000 or so go through the visitors center.

What a great way to get more people to step inside, very cool tour!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Bean, thanks for the information. The Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge and its visitors center are wonderful places to visit and great resources for Sanibel Island and our country. At the risk of appearing to be stupid, clicking on the "little street view man" did not seem to do anything for me. I finally got to the inside tour by clicking the picture that came up to the left. Perhaps an even quicker link is https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Ding%20Darling%20national%20wildlife%20refuge%2C%20visitor's%20center&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl If anyone else is/was having trouble, this link may be helpful. Pretty soon, google may be able to help us see inside everyone's home/office or worse. Maybe I should not invite anyone into my home who is wearing the new Google Glass. Kinda scary! PS: That link is not coming up as a hyperlink in T.A. So, you will need to copy & paste it into your brower address line. Hopefully, that will work.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 20:59
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

One more time,

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gbv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=ding+darling+national+wildlife+refuge,+i+Wildlife+Drive&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ding+darling+national+wildlife+refuge,+i+Wildlife+Drive&cid=5526802717624476472&ei=U7QoU_fQLIbskAeSzoGIDw&ved=0CB0QtQMwAA

Well, I tried.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 21:05
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

I'm on an iPad, so the tiny little man is where I click for street view. I shortened the link you gave MK, let's see if it works this time!

http://tinyurl.com/pgb22s8

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Oh wow...how neat is that. Yes bean that link worked just peachy for me.

Thanks for sharing :)

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Thanks, Bean. My concerns about privacy are still valid, but this is probably not the appropriate forum for such a discussion. Thanks for sharing.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Oh, believe me, I understand MK, you can pretty much see in my windows from the google street view of my home.

Norway
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

That is really nice. Thanks Bean.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

I live in a fish bowl, pretty much too.

I agree tho, Ken.

Cool Lovely Bean!!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

Very Cool! I wander how much Sergey and Larry charged for this?

10. Re: Inside Ding Darling Visitors Center on Google Maps!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island