We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanibel or captiva

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sanibel or captiva

We are a couple in our 50's and trying to decide between the two. We are looking to go in July or August. We have never been to either place, Would like something with a resort type feel. Any suggestions?

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sanibel or captiva

A similar posting was made yesterday on this forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34616-i231-k74232…

On Captiva two places have "resort type feel". Both are very nice.

Tween Waters Inn Resort

South Seas Island Resort

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sanibel or captiva

I'd go with Tween Waters on Captiva as a first choice. It is a bit livelier at night. South Seas Resort is a more beautiful spot. Both are great choices if you like to fish.

Sanibel it would be hard to say what would suit without a better idea of what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanibel or captiva

Tween Waters Inn has some very nice cottages and suites. They typically run a summer special (not on the cottages though) so be sure to ask.

United States
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sanibel or captiva

I'm a third vote for Tween Waters on Captiva. Unless you want a much larger choice of nearby places to eat, or you plan to shop a lot, Captiva is more peaceful.

Thought I better edit: not to say that Sanibel is rowdy, but Captiva is just so Peaceful!

Edited: 05 May 2014, 23:05
5. Re: sanibel or captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island