We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

Worcester MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

Hello everyone,

My DH and are coming to Sanibel in June. We'd like to go to Key West for a few nights during this trip. We have 2 small dogs. 9 lbs. and 11 lbs. who we would need to board. I'd love to hear from anyone who has boarded their dogs either on Sanibel or in Fort Myers and feedback on how well they were satisfied with how their dog(s) were cared for.

Thanks, Wini

Sussex, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

My daughter has a new Maltese/Pom and visited us for three weekends this year on Sanibel. They boarded Marley at All American Pet Resort near the airport in Ft. Myers. They were totally satisfied. The place has cameras in the boarding rooms and in the play yard so you can "visit" your dog(s) at any time til they turn out the lights at night. My daughter has also researched on the website www.dogvacay.com and came up with Doggie Summer Camp in Key West , but she has not used this place. Hope this helps.

Worcester MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

Thanks, Dawn. I didn't know about the All American Pet Resort at all, to this is very helpful.

Marley is an awesome name for a dog.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

We used AAPR here in Michigan, until the owners let their drug riddled son take over. He fired some of the best people working for the company, and hired lower paid, untrained workers. By lower paid, I mean minimum wage, instead of 8.50 an hour. Nice, huh?

He has done things like left the dogs in crates out in the cold, instead of in their 'luxury' pens. I could go on and on, but not the place. These things did not happen to my dog, if they had, they would have my lawyer barking up their tree.

This does not say anything about the Ft Myers branch, but same parental owners. Heartless people.

Wini, I would also try Coral Vet, or the new vet in town, to see if they board or have suggestions.

4. Re: Boarding dogs on Sanibel or in Fort Myers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:18