We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appreciation for our DEs

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Appreciation for our DEs

I already knew that being a DE can be very unpleasant at times (getting hateful, even threatening emails,etc) from talking to former DEs. Now, after reading Tourmaline's recent post, I know that it's a lot more work than I realized. So I'd like to go on record thanking Tourmaline and Sunnyvaca for the time they spent as DEs . And of course I want to thank bean3 for all the wonderful work she does for all of us here on the forum. She's informed, knowledgeable and experienced- plus being very nice and always helpful. Thanks for all you do, bean3.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

My pleasure!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Here here!!!

My morning coffee is raised in salute of bean.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

I second that here here- times three.

You are all "simply the best!"

And Bean3, as current DE, I can't tell you how many times I've wished there was a *like* button for your comments! 😉

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Just chiming in with others who have expressed their appreciation to our current and past DE's. I have found some helpful information on other discussion boards when planning travel to various destinations, but nothing that even comes close to what "our" Sanibel DE's (and others) provide. The Sanibel discussion board is the best!

Edited: 19 June 2014, 14:32
United States
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

I agree completely, GrandmaMac. Bean and others, (didn't want to leave anyone out who is deserving), are the best, and so above any other TA forum in providing information. I always learn something new when I visit this forum, and the shelling advice is better than a book on the subject.

Swansea, Illinois
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Well said! I don't post much because many of the questions I have were already answered in a post that I can just search for. So many people come to Trip Advisor with questions and the DE's on the Sanibel forum are by far the most helpful. I read every post because there are often golden nuggets of wisdom buried in a thread. Thank you all!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Vibrant Forum = Vibrant DE

Boston...
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Love this forum. I read it all the time. Thank you

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Out on the water all day today. It is a tough life, but someone has to do it. ;~) Wini, thanks for the post. Thanks fo Bean for all she does. Thanks also for the years of service by Tour and Sunny and to McNaught, who seldom posts now, but it not forgotten.. Many sunny/happy vacations to you all.

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Appreciation for our DEs

Can I "like" this post? I've been coming here for a few years since we planned our first trip to Sanibel, had to cancel our second (so sad), planned our return trip last year, and are coming back again this year. I don't post a lot, but you're all a wealth of information and I always enjoy the input from the DEs. Thanks for helping to get me hooked on Sanibel. :)