We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Weekend

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Labor Day Weekend

Tourmaline

My niece is coming to visit me for Labor Day weekend and wants to shell on Sanibel. Will be driving from Port Charlotte area. I am trying to pick out a day to go and guessing that Sunday would be the best day with less people and traffic getting there. What is your suggestion.

Also planning on shelling on blind pass - is that right?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day Weekend

I honestly don't know which day would be best. The weekends are usually busy both days. Maybe Sue could help with traffic history that weekend. It's one of the few holidays I haven't spent on the island.

Blind Pass, Lighthouse Beach and Bowman's are the 3 best most days and I would get to Blind Pass/Turner's Beach first and EARLY. There are very few spaces and they fill up fast. It will take about 30 minutes from Causeway Rd. I usually park on the Captiva side. The Sanibel side has a lot of reserved spaces for residents only. Depending on how open or closed the pass is, shell where the current is swift - though you may find the fishermen there as well.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day Weekend

Sanibel and Captiva are not busy over the labor day weekend. There should be no problem with traffic or anything else on that weekend. I hope that you will come and enjoy all that Sanibel-Captiva have to offer.

PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day Weekend

Thank you

I will be moving to Florida in November and plan on enjoying Sanibel/Captiva often

4. Re: Labor Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 06:27