We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

We are flying into St. Petersburg on Monday around 3:00. I know it is a couple hours down to Sanibel and we have discussed getting something to eat along the way. We are a midwest couple and this is our first trip to Florida. Any recommendations on a different place to try? We don't want to venture too far off the interstate. Thanks!

Eastchester, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

Hi,

If you are driving down from the St. Pete airport to Sanibel you will most likely be on I-75 for about two hours. I haven't done that drive in a few years, but if I recall there are places to eat at just about every exit along the way. Many of the places right near I-75 are somewhere along the McDonalds/Denny's/Cracker Barrel spectrum.

Hope that helps....have a great trip!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

From St. Pete/Clearwater airport you need to head south on I275 and cross the Skyway bridge ($1.25 toll) before joining up with I75. There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant just to the east off I75, in front of the Ellenton Outlet Mall. Yes, it is a chain, but they have a fresh salad bar, and a decent selection on their menu.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

At the above exit there is also a "Crab Trap. Get off at Ellenton, go towards town, then turn right at first intersection. Follow it around, turn left and it is on the left. Very easy on and off. good food. About an hour from St Pete.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 00:09
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

I would suggest the Riverhouse Reef & Grill in Palmetto. Take the Ellenton exit from I-75 and head into Palmetto. Palmetto is on the north side of the Manatee River and Bradenton is on the south side.

http://www.riverhousereefandgrill.com/

The Riverhouse is not to be confused with the Riverside Cafe. Riverhouse is out in the river surrounded by the boat slips, whereas the Riverside Cafe is next to the parking area over looking the boat basin.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

WOw, that Riverhouse Reef and Grill looks really good.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

It is good, Tourmaline. We eat there on a regular basis. It is a bit further from the interstate, but if that doesn't matter, go for it. They have great fish tacos, a salad with blackened grouper, and fantastic views of the Manatee River. They also offer a golf cart ride out, if you don't want to walk thru the marina area.

7. Re: St. Petersburg to Sanibel: Place to eat along the way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18