We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
52 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

We will be on Sanibel the first week of September. We will be celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Does anyone have a recommendation for a photographer that is maybe just starting out or is less expensive than some I have found that do weddings? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

I've never had photos taken on island, but you might to contact beachbratz over on the Ft Myers Beach forum. She's a local and might be the best person to ask about that kind of thing. About all most of us could do is suggest the usual wedding photographers.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
52 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

Thank you so much! I will head over that direction!

Columbia, MO
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

We are heading to Sanibel in October and booked Island Photography. I thought the prices were more reasonable than some others I looked at. L3 Beach Photo also seemed to be a bit cheaper.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

David Meardon Photography 239 472 2346

and Nick Adams Photography 239 395 7671

Nick Adams is fabulous with Family Beach Photos!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
52 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

Thanks so much! I want digital prints, so I still haven't booked. May end up taking them ourselves! Didn't have a professional photographer 35 years ago and things worked out ok..lol. I appreciate all the suggestions!!

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

Funny - I'm looking for a photographer as well because we are getting married in November on Sanibel Island and the photographer our wedding planner suggested is $700 for 1 hour (yup one hour!). We can't swing that and I think the cost is outrageous for one hour. We only want a few pictures - nothing too involved. We might end up taking our own as well.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
52 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

cab1002~ I did talk to someone who is new and just starting her portfolio. We are trying to work something out with her. Allie Rose Photography from Fort Meyers Beach. I actually located her on Groupon. I will let you know if we choose to do it how the photos turn out. She is very reasonable.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
52 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

Unfortunately the photographer did not work out. We were contacted too late and I was concerned about receiving my digital prints. Oh well...I would recommend a reputable photographer for certain. It is ok, we have scheduled someone here in our hometown with children and spouse...so it might have been for the best.

9. Re: Budget Photographer for Anniversary Picture on Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 07:16