We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Condo

mpls
14 posts
Save Topic
Sanibel Condo

Hi We are looking for a last minute deal on a condo for a week,is there discounted rates if we wait? How close to arriving should we wait to secure.....Is Sanibel 100% booked at Christmas? I've noticed rates dec 16th week are half. Thankyou

michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel Condo

Hi, I'm sure there is some availability on the island for the holidays. If your interested in a one bedroom at Sundial, we have availability. Our web is sanibelislandcondoi304.com. Good Luck!!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel Condo

The rates go up shortly before Christmas, but the exact date can vary owner to owner and property to property.

As far as availability, Christmas is usually sold out on the island, or very close. You may find a last minute deal or not. It will depend on cancellations as much as anything. Most properties have minimum stays of 5 days on nightly rentals and 10-14 days on weekly rentals. Again that varies by owner and property.

Rates over the holidays are super premium, like most of FL. January is 10-30% off winter rates. Summer rates run up until Christmas just before Christmas, but some raise rates as early as mid-Nov or have 'shoulder season' rates.

Perhaps Rainstorm or Sue could tell you just how tight bookings are. Good luck.

mpls
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel Condo

That would be great, although we do need a 2 bedrm,keep us posted.Thankyou!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel Condo

try www.viprentals.com We still have availability for Christmas. Also try www.scvrma.org

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel Condo

Be sure to check condo association dates as well. Blind Pass [not beachfront], Ocean's Reach, Sea Shells of Sanibel[across the street from beach], Sanibel Arms, Sanibel Arms West, Sanibel Siesta, Sanibel Moorings, etc all have on site management and searchable condo listings some with unit photos. All have 2 bedroom units and at least 1 has 3 bedroom units.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanibel Condo

Out of curiosity I checked availability at Sanibel Arms and there were a surprising number of units available, even a beachfront one, for 12/23 to 12/30, but Ocean's Reach had only two 2bedroom/2 bath units open on the same dates. [All Ocean Reach units are beachfront.] Blind Pass had a number open on those dates as well. Looks like Sanibel has decent availability for 1 week stays. Don't know if anyone is offering discounts.

mpls
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanibel Condo

Thank you Maybe it is not as busy as other years. We will keep on looking! Oceans Reach looks nice too!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanibel Condo

we've got our last open 2006 week available- 12/2-9 at a 30% additional discount. You can find us easily- take our name and put .com after it and there you are ;)

mpls
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanibel Condo

Yes Thank you, you are at Point Santo looks really nice......we have stayed there on 2 of our trips.......LOVED IT there. When our kids were younger they enjoyed the kid program at the clubhouse. One of the best complexes on the island. Unfortunately we need the week before and this year we are going to look for a lower price. If you guys hear of anything keep us posted.Thanks again!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sanibel Condo

I'll keep my eyes open. Are you looking for only the week before Christmas?