We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to rent kayaks?

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to rent kayaks?

Well the trip is finally coming up. I'm looking for the best place to rent Kayaks. I think I remember a mention of places in Siesta Key. What are the names of some of the businesses? Are there any on Lido Key?

Ballpark price?

Thanks so much!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to rent kayaks?

Siesta Sports Rentals has kayaks. They'll transport you and the kayak to a launch place and pick you up on your return. Sorry, I can't recall the price, but I do remember that the area where we kayaked was great -- mangroves and birds, and not overcrowded with boats.

I'm not aware of any kayak rentals on Lido. The closest would be some guided kayak tours operating out of nearby Mote Aquarium. After that, closest would be the downtown marina/bayfront -- though that's not very good kayaking territory. Two other options: Backyard Bike Shop, about 6 miles up Longboat Key -- but you need your own transportation and launch place; and a kayak rental place on North US 41, half-way to the airport; they deliver.

2. Re: Best place to rent kayaks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 09:20