We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasota beach front lodging

Lucinda, Pa
6 posts
Save Topic
Sarasota beach front lodging

Hi, we are frrom Pennsylvania and may be planning a June visit to the Sarasota area. We have a 10 year old daughter who is a complete 'beach girl'. We would appreciate any ideas on lodging at the beach for a 1 week stay.

Thanks so much....

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

Sarasota itself has no beach front ... look at Siesta Key, Longboat Key or Lido Key which are the keys off Sarasota. All of those have lovely beaches. June will be very hot and humid.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

With June timing and a week-long rental, you should have many places to choose from, and get some good rates too. Most places rent from Saturday to Saturday, so I hope that can fit in with your schedule. I think you'd like a 1 or 2-bedroom condo on Longboat Key. Here are several nice places to consider:

Sea Club III (on the website of a local realtor at www.wedebrock.com).

Little Gull Cottages or Gulf Tides (two separate places on the website of www.vacationfla.com). (If Gulf Tides, I'd only stay in the area they call the Penthouse).

Or you can browse the many, many offerings on www.vacationrentals.com. If you find something that looks interesting, let us know and we can give you a reaction, as well as suggestions for restaurants, activities, etc. if that would be helpful.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

Puff,

With a 10 year old, I would recommend Siesta Key or Lido Key.

On Siesta, you can rent a condo or stay in a cottage type motel.

Since I don't know youe budget here are some ideas:

www.vrbo.com or www.siesta4rent.com (condos)

Many folks prefer Crescent Arms or Crystal Sands.

For motel: www.tropicalshores.com (with kitchen etc)

On Lido Key I would recommend the Lido Beach Resort. This is full service with a shutle to St. Armands Circle. www.lidobeachresort.com.

If none of these are what you want, let me know.

I also agree that you should read the Siesta Key TA page/forum.

~SRQgirl

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

SRQ girl do you know anything about Tivoli Vacation Resort? I received a brochure from them, but I don't see anything on here when I search.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

No I don't. anything about Tivoli. What is the address? Is it a timeshare? (There is something by that name in Sarasota, but not on the beach.)

If you give me some more info, I'll check around.

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

SRQgirl, the Tivoli website says: 625 Beach Road, on Siesta Beach, just south of the village. It looks pretty fancy on the website, but I've never run across it before; have you?

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

That is the same address as the brochure. It says it is private condos, contains 35 condos on 5 floors. I see on the may it is Siesta Beach. So that is not quite as nice as Crescent Beach?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

Here is the website for these condos on Beach Rd.

http://www.tivolivacation.com/

I would call them with questions about beach access etc.

I believe they are across the street (Beach Rd.)from Siesta Beach.

Both beaches (Crescent and Siesta) are 2 of the best on the SW coast of FL. The difference is inmaterial in my opinion.

Your lodging decision should be based on what you would enjoy.

The Crescent Beach area appeals to many because you can walk to some small shops, restaurants etc. Siesta Village is larger and is closer to Tivoli. I don't know how long of a walk it would be.

Many people want a place on the beach so there aren't any roads to cross.

~SRQgirl

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

thanks for the info! I would like to be right on the beach! Have looked at Crescent Arms and I believe most of those were less expensive than this brochure.

I signed up for Siesta Keys Chamber info, so am receiving lots of mail and some emails. One bad thing on the emails, one place emailed a bunch of people at the same time and I can see their email addresses so I'm sure they can see mine.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,747 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sarasota beach front lodging

I have never read a bad review on the Crescent Arms. I prefer the Crescent Beach area for families. Your 10 year old will have other varmints to play with so that means you have some time to relax.

If you go to the Siesta Key Tripadvisor page, (instead of Sarasota)

you can read comments etc. In addition, here is a local website

sarasotafl.org/stay/…

Memorial Day will be busy..be prepared.

You can see all kinds of info, as well as lodging.

(I wouldn't worry about the email exposure..just more tourists!!)

~SRQgirl

Get answers to your questions about Sarasota