We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Sarasota

dap
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Sarasota

We loved Sarasota! Our stay at Lido Beach was wonderful and the beach was beautiful. We went to Cancun last year and the beach at Sarasota reminds me of Cancun. We ate at Yoders Amish restaurant for breakfast one morning an it was so good. I had the blueberry stuffed french toast and oh my gosh it was like having dessert. We also got a coconut cream pie to go and t was also one of the best I've ever had. We had lunch at Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar and the seafood was so fresh and good. We had dinner at Mattison's City Grille it was also very good but a little pricey. Dinner at Barnacle Bill's was great. We had crabcakes. I can't wait to go back. We rented a boat for 4 hours and had a great time. I think this is my new favorite beach.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

Glad you enjoyed our area. It's nice to read positive feedback!

~SRQgirl

Glasgow
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

HI there, I am travelling from Miami to Clearwater and have two spare nights to spend somewhere. Could you recommend Sarasota as having enough to do ? Is there night life there,

Could you also tell me how much your 4 hour boat hire was, as my husband is desperate to hire a boat while in Florida.

Thanks Anne G

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

Annie, it depends on what you want in night life. Also remember that the beaches are on Siesta Key, Lido key, Longboat Key. Sarasota itself is on the mainland. I'm sure there will be bars on the various Keys, and any number of eating places will be available. They are, after all, tourist destinations.

I think after you see the keys off Sarasota that you might want to stay there instead of going to Clearwater, unless, of course, you have other reasons for visiting Clearwater.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

There is plenty to do in the Sarasota area.

You can rent a boat from a place called CBs Saltwater Outfitters on Siesta Key. The website is:

www.cbsoutfitters.com

The rate will depend on the size of the boat you would like ro rent.

What type of nightlife are you looking for? Would you like a place to stay on the water or downtown Sarasota? Condo or full service resort?

Lots of options.

~SRQgirl

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

Suggest you give Clearwater a miss & head straight to Sarasota.

My nephew & family were just in Clearwater & said it was like a building site, very dirty & full of the kind of brits you get in Benidorm, Spain. Enough said.

6. Re: Just returned from Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:16