We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf/shopping

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
golf/shopping

i will be travelling to sarasota next january with my husband. we are in our early 50s. my husband would like to plqy golf and i would like to relax and do a little shopping possible at an outlet mall. we like 4star accommodation and good food. any suggestions....please

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf/shopping

The outlet mall in the area is in Ellenton located off I-75. It is about 20 minutes from Sarasota.

If you want golf,tennis, beach, nice accomodations and shopping/dining fairly closeby, I would recommend the Longboat Key Club on Longboat Key.

You can read reviews under the "Hotel" heading on the Longboat Key TA page.

There are many options, if that isn't what you'd like.

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf/shopping

Longboat Key Club is highly rated; it has two golf courses directly on its property. Another option is Ritz-Carlton which has access (via van) to a private course, as well as a Beach Club and other amenities.

3. Re: golf/shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:18