We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

Through a vrbo listing I discovered an astoundingly affordable 1BR+/1BA condo at Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort on Gulf of Mexico Drive on LBK at a special promotional rate of $99/night. The vrbo owner referred me to Resort Quest which manages the property. It was such a fine fit for my husband and me that we would have gladly stayed five weeks rather than just the five nights we booked.

Suite 256 was furnished with cheery red/blue beach look (and sleeper sofa) in living area/bathroom with whimsical accessories; tropical palms and dark wicker in the bedroom with a queen-sized bed; well-equipped kitchen and lanai, each with table and four chairs. From the lanai we had a view of the pool and the Gulf.

Amenities included a heated beach front pool, complimentary beach towels chaise lounge chairs on the beach, daily maid service,coin laundry facilities and Wi-Fi access.

Of course, the greatest asset is LBK's legendary tranquil and beautiful beach. Evenings about 6 p.m., we'd watch from our chaises as that gorgeous glowing globe, so infrequently seen during Cleveland's winter, would sink into the Gulf. "Do you think we'd ever get tired of this?" my husband asked me. And then we made plans to return in January 2010.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

It would help fellow tourists if you could post your review under the Hotel section/specialty lodging on the Longboat Key page. Many people are always looking for specific unit numbers and thoughts such as you posted here...nice job!

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

Nice review, Pat, thanks for taking the time to share your opinions (and also for your frequent helpful contributions to this forum). Silver Sands is one of a handful of nice, special small places on Longboat that quietly go about their business of welcoming satisfied repeat visitors year after year.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

Thanks for your kind comments. I've appreciated the advice each of you has offered, whether in relation to one of my questions or suggestions I've read as I've been browsing this forum over the past year.

My info on our Silver Sands experience is now posted as a hotel review. See “Same time next year” at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34399-d8493…

4. Re: Jan. 25-30 escape to sun / Where we stayed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 01:20