We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

europe
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

Hi I am planning a beach vacation. I have narrowed accomodation down to 2. Veranda beach resort and White sands Cay. I really want to have a view of the gulf from our rental home/apartment. Which one of these would be best ? - Family of 5.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

First, are you sure you want to be on Longboat Key with a family? Siesta Key is much better in my opinion for a family. This is how I explain the differences to my clients: Longboat Key is more formal, country clubish and the residents and tourists tend to fit into a higher age demographic. Siesta Key is more Jimmy Buffetish, more casual, flip-flops and t-shirts as opposed to golf pants and collar shirts on Longboat. Siesta Key offeres the BEST public beach anywhere in the area. Both Keys offer great dining, but more nightlife on Siesta as it tends to have more year round residents and the tourists tend to be a little younger in age than Longboat. These are all generalizations, but pretty accurate. I love both Keys but they offer different things. Longboat has golf coarses & Siesta doesn't. Many places have full gulf views on either key. Just figure out which one better suits your family and your lifestyle. Hope I was some help.

Mentioned in this post
europe
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

Ok Thanks. Where would you recommend to stay beachfront on Siesta Key ? I would be looking for somewhere with resort facilities and good quality furnishings, with full kitchen amenities ad pool. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

I would try The Tropical Breeze Inn. It's in a great location, right on the beach and within walking distance to Siesta Village (shopping, dining, bars, etc...). I think they offer 1,2, & 3 bedroom units for family's. It's probably not sheap during season though. The web site is www.tropicalbreezeinn.com I think. Check it out, it may be just what you're looking for. The Banana Bay Club mentioned in other posts is great but it's located on bay side and is not on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Tropical Breeze Resort
Tropical Breeze Resort
755 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veranda Beach Club long boat Key?

For a lot of great reviews of Sarasota, check out www.epinions.com Many, many reviews of the area in general from the last 5 years.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL