We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time Of year To Vist?

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time Of year To Vist?

What's the best time of year to visit Sarasota? ie not Huricane season??

Southwest Florida
Level Contributor
206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

My Vote (since I live here) is May or October. October is usually spectactular. No crowds, great weather. May can have a day or two of rain, but the season is over and the summer season has not started. Especially in early May you can find lots of bargains for accomodations, stores, etc.

If you enjoy fishing - those are great months.

Even during Hurricane season, your odds are low if you plan right -less than 14% and I'll tell you some of the greatest beach days ever were the days after a tropical storm. Brilliant sun, no humidity, lots of shells.

See you at the beach...

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

Spring (March)is the best. Nights are usually a little cool and days are 75 degrees and zero humidity. Great beach and boating weather. The water temp can still be a little cool though. Also it's not hurricane season yet but the winter residents are still here so there is more traffic than in the Summer - no big deal though.

October can be a VERY hot and humid month here in Sarasota but the water is warm and the sun is usually out.

FL, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

Again, Realtor is Correct...but I'm biased too

I think anything to visit Sarasota Manatee is a great time !

But really, right now !...very late Feb through to late Mar or April---just fabulous, I think October is perfect too

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

I've been in both October and May. We actually had more than the usual rain in may. October was nice. I still thought the water was a bit cool to swim in though. I'm one of the wierd ones, though, because I like the summer. We've gone in both July and August. We managed to plan the August trip right in time for hurricane Charlie! But, the previous poster was right about the weather right after the storm. We had the best weather for the entire week after the hurricane! I'm thinking maybe going in June this year. How's June capare to July, Realtor1??

5. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2006, 23:39
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

June, July, & August are all the same. HOT & 100% humidity. Plan on a light shower every day around 3-4pm, you can almost set your watch on it. Great boating & sunning weather if you don't mind sweating a lot. For us locals it's just part of life. My clients never wonder or say a word about my short sleeve hawiian shirts during these months instead of my normal, more formal attire in the winter. Once one experiences the humidity, we're all on the same page!! Showing property is a sticky situation for all in the summer.

orlando
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

may is usually best, although this past october was pretty nice :0)

either one and you should be fine.

BUT we've had a really mild winter in central FL, so i don't know if that means things are going to start cranking (heatwise) earlier than usual.....i can remember having parties in may where it's just miserably hot.....so go inside where there's AC!

Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

well being from the north.. summer doesn't really kick in here till late june, so we schedule our vacation for june will be there this year the 10th-17th. the heat isn't bad when you get the breeze off the gulf...after waiting for winter to end we welcome the heat...and, I love when water temp is in the 80's so relaxing....actually July isn't bad...anytime I can sit on the beach and relax is a good day...lol

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

My vote is for late October early November. The air temps are great and so are the water temps. There are far less visitors also. April is also a great month temp wise but the water is cool and there are lots of other visitors. I lived in the clearwater area for almost 7 years and the weather is about the same.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Time Of year To Vist?

"zero humidity" in Sarasota in March, huh?

then how do you explain the 78 degrees today with 77% humidity and a 70 degree dew point

enjoy that weather!

a friend who moved there 35 years ago says 8 months of the year are "unbearable" and 4 are paradise...

contrast that with 3 cold months in Cleveland

and 9 beautiful ones