We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Libbys on S Osprey.....

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
179 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Libbys on S Osprey.....

Does anyone have any thoughts on dinner at Libby's? It is a special birthday. Comments? Would love feedback from anybody who has tried it.. Thanks!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

Libby's is a nice restaurant, and I love it for Sunday Brunch or for lunches, but it wouldn't have come to mind as my first choice for a special birthday dinner celebration. A lot depends on your budget , the type of food you like, and where you'll be staying. If it's close to the Southside area (Libby's is there), maybe consider Roy's or Flemings or Michaels on East, or a small family-run place such as Rick's.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,058 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

Libby's is a fine restaurant with delicious food. They offer many Lunch and early bird specials as well.

http://www.libbyscafebar.com/

Consider Roy's for your special occasion dinner. Read the reviews here on TA....they are ranked No# 1

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34618-d66…

roysrestaurant.com/locations/FL/sarasota.asp

You don't mention if the dinner is just the 2 of you...or a large group. This might affect the recommendations.

Another spot that is ideal for a special occasion meal is Roessler's...always memorable.

http://www.roesslersrestaurant.com/

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

I think Libby's would be a fine place for a birthday dinner.

They have a great menu with a variety of entrees/appetizers; wines to choose from. In addition, Libby's has a fun bar crowd.

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

I like the idea of Roessler's; fantastic food, great service and a beautiful setting. I guess my problem with Libby's for a special occasion dinner is that sometimes the noise from the bar crowd drowns out any kind of conversation you might want to be having at dinner; that's why I much prefer Libby's for lunch or brunch.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
179 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

Thank you everybody! I think it will be Libby's for our dinner. I checked out each suggestion and Roesslers was my second choice. I didn't get a great feel from their website and the menu posted seemed somewhat limited. By the way, we are a family group. An Aunt,neice and great neice. It is the great's 30th and we two are 50 somethings. Can't wait to get to Sarasota!

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

I agree about Libby's being noisy. They have lots of good appetizers, and an upscale menu, as well as a lively bar scene, as SRQgirl stated.

It would not be my first or second choice for a celebratory dinner due to the noise factor, and the lively bar scene is not for me....jmho....

I would choose Roy's, Fleming's, or Ophelia's on the Bay, although Ophelia's doesnt seem as good as it used to be....

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

We will be a middle age group of ladies coming to Sarasota for our annual Nov outing. Anything new since 2010 for gals our age..

We have tix already to Fl Studio theatre. and Van Wesel.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

What types of things are you looking for? Dining? Events?

thisweekinsarasota.com/…

www.sarasotafl.org

www.dinesarasota.com

www.freshoriginals.com

~SRQgirl

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

all of the above. thanks for your websites...just wondered if there were any new great restaurants...maybe w.entertainment?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Libbys on S Osprey.....

Not sure what has opened since you were last here.

Nancy's BBQ is new. downtown

I like The Cottage on Siesta Key.

Owens Fish Camp..downtown

In the Ticket section of the local paper, they always list all the places that have live music during the week. It come out on Thursday.

You can check it out.

www.sarasotaherald.com

look under dining or events/Ticket.

It changes..

~SRQgirl