We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

I know I am picking the worst time ever to stay a night at the beach but unfortunately this just happens to be the time i can take off and go. I am looking for a clean place to lay my head this Saturday...which happens to also be St. Patty's Day. I have looked and searched and can't find anything close to $100 that looks decent. I'm not looking for anything right on the beach...i know that's impossible to find. And i would also have to take out a loan to stay one night. The rates are absolutely ridiculas. ok...enough of my ranting. Does anyone know of a place that is clean and pretty reasonable that is within several miles of the beach and St. Armand's circle?? I don't mind driving but also don't want to pay alot of money just for somewhere to sleep for one night. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

Try Quality inn and suites at the Airport. There were places for less on expeida but I don't knwo how nice they are or where (most i hadn't heard of like Golden Host)

Or try Priceline.

$100 a night isn't enough for on island even in a low demand weekend.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 20:16
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

You can look at the Beau Lido Suites..

http://www.beaulido.com

Look under the Sarasota Hotels section on TA...You can read reviews and check out the less expensive options.

The Hotel Ranola is downtown, but not sure it is in your budget.

~SRQgirl

Mentioned in this post
Beau Lido Suites
Beau Lido Suites
250 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Hotel Ranola
Hotel Ranola
257 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

I'd think you may need to look further out, in Bradenton maybe.

ktown

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

La Quinta, just north of downtown on US 41, may have rooms at $139 (plus tax). Just south of downtown on 41 is a Best Western at about $130. Also there is an America's Best motel for about $110. Other than that, you probably need to look at south of Venice or north of Bradenton.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
5. Re: soo frustrated.....need place to stay this Saturday.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:17