We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

Alaska
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

I'm headed to Sarasota for a class and am arriving a few days early to catch some sun. I'm having a really difficult time finding a room for 4/19-23rd. Not looking for 5 stars, just clean, pool, beach access & walking distance to a few restaurants/bars. I'm married & in my 40's - way past the need for Spring Break action. I have checked most of the popular choices along Siesta Key and area. Any suggestions?

Edited: 06 April 2012, 02:10
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

Try the Lido Beach resort.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

Or the Holiday Inn across the street from the beach in Lido Key.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

How much do you want to spend per night?

Holiday Inn would be the better choice (as far as price) if you want to stay on Lido Key.

On Siesta Key:

Tropical Shores Resort www.tropical shores.com

Capri Inn

Siesta Sands on the Beach (Beach rd.)

Ringling Beach House

~SRQgirl

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

I've stayed at the Sara Sea and Tropical Sun on Siesta Key several times. They are both remodeled and very nice old style Florida. Altough usually expensive this time of year, they were running some specials with rooms for $99-149/night. Very safe area. I've stayed on Siesta alone many times and never had a problem.

5. Re: Solo Female traveler having difficulty finding room 4/19-23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:16